Monday, July 27, 2009

Note to Top24 : Artistry

Ok, so I was meant to go to bed like 2 hours ago lor, but youtube is so friggin addictive! Aussie Idol led me to American Idol (wow what a big unexpected leap, NOT) and I was happily reliving season 8 which just ended in May.

I liked Season 8, in my opinion, it had the most talented bunch of Idol contestants thus far. Kris Allen and Adam Lambert both deserved a win. (as did Danny Gokey, maybe he lost votes cos he was a bit pui pui and wore glasses, not cookie cutter cute like Kris or glam like Adam)

I was watching back some of Kris' performances during the Spectaculars and more and more I feel he deserved his win (previously I was more partial towards Adam).

Kris possessed what Kara called artistry (Adam did too, but Kris' creativity was more with his unique arrangements). He was able to take a song and make it his own. Something he definitely did with Kanye West's 'Heartless'.

Here's a clip of Kris doing 'Heartless' the Kris Allen way on Ellen. I really enjoyed this, much more than his rendition of No Boundaries (which I'm afraid pales in comparison to Adam's version - kelong la, Kara MUST have written it with Adam in mind cos its so not Kris' style).





Top24, if you get through to the next stage, remember, ARTISTRY, it blows the audience away and the competition out of the water. :) Bring it on, you guys!

xoxo, s.


No comments:

Post a Comment