Friday, September 25, 2009

Idol Baby Pics!

Isn't this just the cutest?!

Next week's theme is 'The Year I Was Born', so get ready to groove to some awesome tunes from the 80s and 90s.

Click on the pic to enlarge and check out those cute lil baby pics! I can't decide which baby is the cutest - what do you think?

I love Charles' fire breathing baby! Hahaha, ready to rock and roll!




Here's the order of performance next week, plus voting details and the songs they'll be singing from the year they were born - awesome song choices! Lovin' it!

Nurul Huda
1900 112 1201 or sms '1' to IDOLS
Walk Like An Egyptian by The Bangles (1987)
Released at the end of 1986, US Top 100 Charts in 1987.
- One of the first ever Bangles songs I fell in love with. Everyone knew this song! Can't wait to hear Nurul's take on it - am sure it'll be different :)

Justin Jap
1900 112 1202 or sms '2' to IDOLS
Together Forever by Rick Astley (1988)
Released in 1988.
- This one's like some kinda Mambo anthem right? Just like Never Gonna Give You Up, this Rick Astley classic is such a recogniseable song, am sure Justin will have everyone clapping and singing along! Cheesy but I likey!



Tabitha Nauser
1900 112 1203 or sms '3' to IDOLS
Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen (1992)
Released in 1976, then re-released in 1992 as part of the Soundtrack for the movie Wayne's World.
- I'm so looking forward to this one. Firstly, I love this song; Secondly, Tabby has amazing vocals which I feel will be able to do this song justice.... bring it babe!
*Lookit that cheekyface! CHO CUTE!

Charles 'Stitch' Wong
1900 112 1204 or sms '4' to IDOLS
You Give Love A Bad Name by Bon Jovi (1986)
Released in 1986.
- I'm a big Bon Jovi fan, so choosing one of their songs hits a definite chord with me (right ti? :)). From the looks of Charles' baby pic, he was born to rock! fire-spouting baby! Am wondering if Charles will change it up or keep to the original song - either way, I'm expecting a great arrangement cos its Charles :)

Sylvia Ratonel
1900 112 1205 or sms '5' to IDOLS
Sweet Child Of Mine by Guns & Roses (1988)
Released in 1988.
- I'm so thrilled Sylvia's gonna do this awesome song, AND she's decided not to do the accoustic route which has been done to death, and instead, she's doing it straight up rock! Woot! You go girl! Check out the clip I got of her doing this song - and thats the first time she's seen the lyrics for the song!

Faizal Isa
1900 112 1206 or sms '6' to IDOLS
End Of The Road by Boyz II Men (1992)
Released in 1992.
- When Faizal said he was gonna do this song, my knees went weak. I absolutely love this song. Just its name brings back like a gazillion memories and emotions. It was THE song of 1992. Played at every dance, every party, for everything, it was always on radio and was 'acapella-ed' by everyone all over the place. This song put Boyz II Men's Motownphilly on da map. I'm sure with his great stage presence and winning smile, Faizal will ace this one.

Fathin Amira
1900 112 1207 or sms '7' to IDOLS
I Love Your Smile by Shanice (1992)
Released in 1991. Reached #2 on the UK Singles Chart when it was re-released in 1992.
- Every time I hear this song I think of really white teeth (Shanice has really white teeth) and BH90210 - it was on the soundtrack! Anyway, after Amira's very emotional rendition of 'Hurt', I'm all but ready to see her bubbly-self back and this song sound like the perfect excuse to bounce around stage smiling :)

Mae Sta Maria
1900 112 1208 or sms '8' to IDOLS
Lately by Stevie Wonder (1981)
Released in 1981.
- Anything by Mr. Wonder works. His songs are genius. And Mae's a great singer who also technical which means she should be able to ace this song with her eyes closed. The question is, will the younger voters be able to relate? I certainly hope so.


Malaque Mahdaly
1900 112 1209 or sms '9' to IDOLS
Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx (1989)
Released in 1989.
- This song is a classic and a favourite. Slowing things down with this ballad, hopefully Malaque can showcase her vocals a bit more, something she's been getting flak for from the judges. I just wish Malaque would give herself a chance to relax a bit more on stage and really let go :) Before keycheck, Malaque surprised us by telling us she can play the Saxophone! Will she be whipping out an instrument next week? If she's good, it would be totally awesome!

Duane Ho
1900 112 1210 or sms '10' to IDOLS
I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston (1993)
Released in 1993.
- When Duane asked me at keycheck if he should do Mariah's 'Hero' or this Whitney song, I was stumped. Both are super challenging. After his much-loved rendition of Gaga's 'Pokerface' on Wednesday, hopefully this song choice allows him to kick it up a notch higher.

Farhan Shah
1900 112 1211 or sms '11' to IDOLS
Love Will Lead You Back by Taylor Dayne (1990)
Released in 1990.
- When people say Taylor Dayne, I think LIPS. Big Lips. Followed by Big Hair. Ooops, looks like she and Farhan have something in common! LOL. Silly bad joke. But seriously, a good song, loads of opportunities to belt - don't forget the lyrics babe :)

Sezairi Sezali
1900 112 1212 or sms '12' to IDOLS
Faith by George Michael (1988)
Released in 1987. Top selling single of the year in the US in 1988.
- Airi, are you gonna 'grow' a stubble like you did when you were Kanye? LOL!
Great song choice, I'm sure he'll be able to do this song well, just wondering what he's gonna do about his appearance after DIck's and Ken's comments. Glasses - yes/no? What to wear? Guitar - yes/no?

When producers first told me about this theme and what it encompassed, I was like 'ugh!', how leh, pick what song leh? But whoa boy was I wrong, this is turning out to be one of my favourite themes already and it hasn't even aired! Just lookin' at the list of songs and I'm excited - all ready to sing along in all my off-key glory! :)

This is the first time I didn't have to Google or ask producers for full song info cos I actually know each and every one of these songs - gettin' old pfft!

I'm now just waiting for the trailer for next week to go up on Youtube :)

xoxo, s.

4 comments:

  1. Hi summerr. How come your LODI's number and the top 12 ad don't match??
    Which one is correct??

    ReplyDelete
  2. idols spelling from the back. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi ANonymous #1, great spotting! The error has been corrected. I had followed a list that was given to me by producers, guess they updated the list and I got an old one. The press ad is from Marketing, so its correct. I have amended my post to match theirs :)
    thank you for spotting the error!
    s.

    And yes, LODI is Idol spelt backwards, codeword during the days when identities couldn't be revealed, and it stuck :)

    ReplyDelete